Business Skills Course, Learning From Your Management Team
This course trains people to see their role as part of a wider business picture – and even encourages them to regard themselves as businesses in their own right.
Who is it for?
Managers who want a greater understanding of running a business and want to treat themselves and their teams as a ‘standalone’ business that needs to operate profitably within the larger company.
How Does This Course Work?
We ask delegates to regard themselves as a business and ask the following questions:
- Finances – do I understand the costs of running me? We look at Accounting and Economics
- Human Resources – do I fulfil the function described?
- Ethics and Entrepreneurship – what is my attitude to risk? How do I feel about trying new ventures and ideas?
- Marketing – how would I market what I do to the rest of the business? How can I make them aware of what I do?
- Management Science – Do I know the best ways to manage people?
- Organisational Behaviour – What are the best ways to behave?
- Strategy – what is my short, medium and long-term strategy for me personally and for my part of the business?
- Timeline – each manager will build a 90 day plan for themselves.
After the workshop, we’ll carry out a quarterly review. This is a half-day session per group to reassess, improve and modify their strategies. Over 12 months each manager has a workshop and 4 half-days to provide that extra level of support, advice and motivation.
What Are The Course Outcomes?
Greater levels of input and a higher understanding of individual and departmental responsibility mean a more effective management team. Individuals have a greater appreciation of how the business runs and what it needs to run effectively and profitably and what they can contribute to this. Staff are more highly motivated, they invest more in the company as a whole and are less likely to leave.
For more information on these or any of our Training Courses, please contact us below.